Monday, January 26, 2009

Re-public Vote

I seriously do not understand the voting system in India where you cannot vote if you are a resident of a city other than where you got your voter's card. Like a driving license, I should have the ability to vote in any city that I reside in if I satisfy the other criteria that allow me to vote. I know we have gaps in this proposition - but isn't it high time that a IT driven country uses IT to eliminate the gaps in implementing the above requirement. The call is a long one, but I want to contribute my two-paise thoughts in to this. I have a I-card like my PAN card or a driving license and I am qualified to vote in Bangalore - I walk to the voting center and register my vote for the required election. If I vote at one place for the same election, I cannot vote once more. But if I want, I should be allowed to vote in my native place for the lok sabha elections as well. We can sit together to formulate how things should be. This will help me if I am unable to travel to my native (or wherever I have the voter card issued), to still vote. It is really important that the educated India votes. Any thoughts?



All rights reserved for site content.
Visit Jeev's Homepage

Share This Site

Please use the Share/Bookmark/Tell-a-friend Icons after each post to connect to your favorite bookmarking sites or email the post to a friend.